Thursday, April 5, 2018

Hoja Luwei


Restaurant: Hoja Luwei
Address: 615 Bloor St. W
Phone: 416-536-0615
Operating Hours: Mon-Sun 11:30 AM - 11 PM
Website: N/A


Interior





Review


My Order: Lamb Combo, $9.50

Hoja Luwei specializes in Taiwanese street-style cuisine, located in Koreatown. You're given a checklist menu to customize your own noodle bowl with sauce or broth. If you are indecisive like me, you can simply check off one of their combos with pre-selected ingredients. If you are a picky eater or want everything piled onto your bowl, you have the option to select as little or as many ingredients as you like.

I was actually confused with the menu at first, so I was checking off the combo along with a bunch of other things. Once I realized my mistake, I immediately selected the lamb combo just to keep it simple. I went for the broth but I probably should have gone for the sauce instead because I prefer my food more dry. Nonetheless, it made a hearty meal that was perfect for the cold weather.

The shop is set up to have a "street-style" vibe, similar to the food shops that could be found on the streets of Asia. They have one long communal table with high seats and very limited tables that seated two people. Which makes for great lunches but not somewhere you'd host an event/dinner.

Hoja Luwei is an affordable restaurant that allows people to get a taste of Taiwanese street food. It's an ideal spot to drop by for a filling lunch or to have something to warm you up on a cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment