Cafe: Cafe M
Address: 672 Yonge St.
Store Hours: Mon-Wed 8 AM - 6 PM, Thurs-Sat 8 AM 8 PM, Sun Closed
Study Appropriate?: Yes
Stamp Cards: No
Drinks - Soy/Almond/Lactose-Free Options?: Yes to all
- Roasted coffee beans from Rufino Espresso
- Many interesting syrups available, ex. apple pie, for $0.50 extra
- Offers Italian soda
- Offers tea lattes in the winter
- Offers iced drinks in the summer
Food - Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten-Free Options?: Yes to all
- Gluten-free bread available
- Offers baked goods and products from: Desmond and Beatrice, Sweets Everything, Phipps Desserts, and Patachou
- Sandwiches made to order
Drink of Choice: Double Macademia Nut Latte, $4.50
While I was there, I noticed a lovely painting at the back of the cafe. One of the baristas is actually a freelance artist who specializes in fine art. I thought it was really nice since I always had an interest for anything artsy and handmade. Although the cafe is great for getting work done, I suggest you bring work that doesn't require a laptop because there are no outlets available. Luckily I asked in advance so I was prepared.
All in all, I'm glad there is a cafe along Yonge St. that gives an opportunity for coffee drinkers in the area a chance to have some non-chain coffee. Cafe M is also open to hosting events so you can contact them for more information on renting out the space.