Address: 73 Harbord St.
Store Hours: Mon-Fri 8 AM - 7 PM, Sat-Sun 9 AM - 5 PM
Study Appropriate?: Yes
Stamp Cards?: No
Drinks - Soy/Almond/Lactose-Free Options?: Yes to all
- Offers Fluffy
- Offers apple cider during the winter season, using apples from Ontario farms!
- Roasted coffee beans from Detour Coffee Roaster, Punch Buggy coffee beans
Food - Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten-Free Options?: Yes to all
- Snacks from Desmond and Beatrice
- Offers nut-free cookies
- Offers gluten-free cashew cookies
- Offers nut-free chocolate chip cookies (a favourite for the children!)
- Made in-house salads and sandwiches
- Offers vegan sandwiches
- Offers jerk chicken
- Offers gluten-free hot meals
- Food delivered from Foodbenders daily
Tea Latte, $3.81
Drink of Choice: Latte, $3.58
Redfish BlueFish Creative Cafe is near Spadina Station and is popular among parents and their children and mothers-to-be! Of course, everyone is welcome to enjoy their stay here. Luckily, I arrived when it wasn't too busy. Every week, there are different programs being offered for both children and adults. They have events such as drama, crafts, and yoga. You can see what events are happening during the month on their website. The cafe provides toys, crafts, and books for the children to use during their stay.
One of their specialty drinks is the Fluffy, which is steamed milk that you can add a flavour shot to if you wish. They also have nut-free snacks available for children who have nut allergies. Most of the food available is delivered in fresh everyday by Foodbenders. Some of the salads and sandwiches are made in-house by the cafe.
Overall, the cafe is a great space to bring children and it provides parents with something new to do. It gives both the parents and children the opportunity to interact with others and create new friendships! As well, the cafe no longer uses stamp cards but if you have one from the past, they will honour it.