Friday, September 5, 2014

[Product Review] Zpirit

Company: Zpirit
Website: www.zpiritfood.com


Review

Product: Zpirit
Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten-Free?: Yes to all

Spiced Pear & Vanilla, Pineapple & Sage, Mandarin & Mint, Peach & Basil



An acquaintance reached out to me, asking if I would be interested in reviewing naturally infused water products from the company he is working for. Obviously, I said yes! I am always open to trying new products because I like discovering new favourites!

Zpirit currently sells four flavours of their naturally infused water, only 30 calories per bottle. The unique aspect of Zpirit is that all the drinks have actual fruit pieces in them! I thought this was a cute spin from most naturally infused water brands out there in the market. I got to try their entire line and these were my thoughts in the order I drank them:

Pineapple & Sage: This was the first drink I tried and was my least favourite. It had a pineapple taste but I wasn't sure if I was detecting the sage in there, since I was unfamiliar with how sage tasted like. Despite the drink tasting like pineapple, there was something about the flavour that I wasn't particularly fond of. It felt bland. I was afraid that the other drinks were going to be similar, but thankfully not!

Peach & Basil: The second drink I tried became my second favourite out of the bunch. The peach flavour had a nice kick to it and I gulped it down a lot more quickly than the Pineapple & Sage. I am a fan of peaches, so it was no surprise that I liked this one.

Mandarin & Mint: In this drink, you can taste both the mandarin and the mint, which is a nice balance. It didn't stand out compared to the three in my opinion, but I think this could be a favourite for others.

Spiced Pear & Vanilla: Hands down, this is my favourite flavour out of the four! At first when I tried it, I wasn't sure if it was going to be a favourite over the Peach & Basil. As I continued to drink the Spiced Pear & Vanilla, it reminded me of tea. This flavour would be perfect in tea form and many tea lovers would definitely enjoy this drink.

The one thing I was disappointed with all the drinks was that the fruit pieces didn't have any flavour left by the time you eat them. I think all the juices are sucked out from the fruits once infused with the water. So you get textured, but flavourless fruits to chew on at the end. Overall, Zpirit is a good brand to try out if you are a fan of flavoured water or trying out healthy drink alternatives. I highly recommend the Spiced Pear & Vanilla.

Currently, Zpirit is available only in Ontario and Quebec in selected stores. Big retailers you can find Zpirit in are Longo's, Whole Foods and selected Loblaws. Zpirit is in many independent cafes and stores, such as Cafe 260, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Lettieri, and more!

Have you tried Zpirit yet? If so, which ones? Do you have any favourites?

Thank you to Zprit for the products provided for this review! :)

1 comment: