Thursday, December 4, 2014

[Event] The Gentlemen's Expo

Show: The Gentlemen's Expo
Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Dates: November 14-16, 2014
Website: www.gentlemensexpo.com


I got to attend the second annual show of The Gentlemen's Expo last month. The show is targeted towards males in their 30s and 40s with an impeccable taste for fashion and the finer things in life. There were notable guests at the show, including Bruce Croxon (Dragons' Den) and Vikram Vij (Top Chef Canada). There were free straight razor shaves for those who didn't want to participate in Movember, courtesy of Dove Men's+.

As a female attendee, this show did not appeal to me as it would have if I were a male in my 30s with exquisite taste. In contrast to The National Women's Show or Delicious Food Show, there were very few vendors. Considering that this was only its second year, the lack of vendors is understandable. I think after a couple more shows, when it starts to gain momentum with the public, there will be more exciting attractions.

However, I ran into a couple of acquaintances who work/own the brands that were there. Shout outs to Man Products Inc. and Yo Sox! Do check them out, they have some pretty cool stuff. The best part of this event for me personally was that I got to win $7 from the lottery!

No comments:

Post a Comment