Thursday, January 11, 2018

Boston Pizza (Yonge and Empress)

Restaurant: Boston Pizza
Address: 100-5170 Yonge St.
Phone: 416-792-3172
Operating Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 - 1 AM, Fri-Sat 11 - 2 AM, Sun 11 - 12 AM
Website: www.bostonpizza.com


Review

I've been to this location once before during the summer with my coworkers. It was decent service at the time and close to our office so we decided to go again this time around for a coworker's birthday. I'm giving a 1 star based on the service we have all received today. There was a total of 11 people, most arrived right at 12 PM and the rest arrived no more than 10 minutes later. At the time, the restaurant was not very busy. The server took some time to get everyone their drinks. Water was forgotten twice for a couple of people. Our orders were finally taken around 12:20 PM long after everyone got their drinks.

While we waited, another server came out with a couple of plates. We were pretty sure neither platters belonged to anyone at our table. The server gave us a bit of attitude and tried to place down the food. It turned out the food belonged to the table next to us. The group of 7 people beside us came around 12:15 PM and they received their food around 20 minutes after ordering. Our table was still waiting and everyone was getting agitated by 12:40 PM. Most of us only had the ability to take an hour away from the office. Food started coming out around 12:45 PM. Everyone finally got their meals by 1 PM...except me. It wasn't brought out until another coworker of mine pointed out that I haven't received my food yet. The server forgot my plate completely and I did not get my food until around 1:10 PM. I ended up having to scarf down everything as fast as I could because I was supposed to be back at the office half an hour ago. I was not out til close to 1:25 PM. Half of my coworkers were still in the process of eating by the time I left the restaurant.

For lunch, I ordered one of their $10 lunch combos. With the wait that we all had to do for our food from the moment we were seated, we might as well have gone to the food court and paid for the same price but get our food immediately instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment