Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Cafe Diplomatico

Restaurant: Cafe Diplomatico
Address: 594 College St.
Phone: 416-534-4637
Store Hours: Sun-Thurs 8 AM - 1 AM, Fri-Sat 8 AM - 2 AM
Website: www.cafediplomatico.ca


Exterior



Menu




Review

My Order: Tuna Melt, $6.50

When the weather was warmer awhile back (oh how long ago that was!), my friend and I wanted to find a nice patio to eat out on. We trekked along College St. to see if there were anything that tickled our fancy. We saw Cafe Diplomatico and their patio looked pretty decent. I wanted to simply check out the menu to see if there was anything that I would like to try. When we went in to pick up the menu, the owner (or at least I think he was), started ushering us in. He assured us that the food was going to be fantastic and there was no reason to hesitate. My friend and I were walking for quite some time now and the food seemed decent. So in we went!

I wasn't craving pizza, so I tried out their Tuna Melt sandwich. It was pretty tasty. My friend enjoyed his medium pizza and beer. He said that the beer was cheaper than in most restaurants. A pitcher of Bone Shaker was only $20, comparatively to $22-23 at most restaurants.

Overall, I had a pleasant time at Cafe Diplomatico. It was full by the time we were all settled in, probably because of the interaction the owner had with everyone passing by on the street! Would I come back? I think once is enough for me, but it's a nice patio along College if you are looking for one.
 
Cafe Diplomatico on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment