Thursday, November 27, 2014

Little Fin


Restaurant: Little Fin
Address: 4 Temperance St.
Phone: 647-348-7000
Store Hours: Mon-Sun 11 AM - 8 PM
Website: www.littlefin.ca


Interior


Updated: February 11, 2015



Menu


Updated: February 11, 2015



Review

My Order: Fin Burger Cheeseburger with Single Patty, $9.25


Little Fin is a new seafood take-out restaurant near Yonge and Queen. I went in to claim my free Fin Burger with a coupon I received as part of their promotion. I was quite excited to try out the place because the photos on their social media looked amazing. The first thing I noticed when I entered was the space. It struck out to me that there were tables along the windows but no chairs. Luckily, it was only temporary because I recently checked and saw that they now have chairs. They also have a patio which is great for the warmer days. I ended up taking my food to McDonald's and eating it there instead because there weren't any seats at the time.

My favourite aspect of the Fin Burger are the black buns. They didn't taste that much different from regular buns but they definitely added to the burger aesthetically. Regardless, the burger was still tasty. Although I enjoyed the food, I am hesitant on going back. The only reason is because I think the prices are a bit steep for a take-out place. However, Little Fin is meant to be a gourmet take-out restaurant so I think it will appeal to others who are willing to spend the extra money.

Little Fin is great if you love seafood and trying new food items that you wouldn't typically get elsewhere. I also think their Instagram account and graphics are simply adorable!


Review Updated: February 11, 2015

My Order: Large Lobster Poutine, $16


The people at Little Fin were kind enough to provide me with a free meal after they saw my original review. They added seats and changed their menu so I was told to drop by to check it all out. I finally returned about three months after their grand opening. 

When I got there, it was jam packed. All the seats were filled during lunch hour. Since I was unable to score a seat, I once again took my meal to McDonald's to eat.

This time, I ordered a large Lobster Poutine because people have been recommending it. When I opened my container, the poutine's aroma was amazing. I haven't smelled poutine that good before! I recommend the large for two people or if you plan to save it for later because it is a big portion for just one person. 

Overall, my feelings on Little Fin improved. From observation, I believe they cut back on their menu offerings. Though I preferred their original menu board because it suited the theme of the restaurant compared to the new one. Prices are still approximately around $10. 


Little Fin on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment